October 29, 2010

Restoring Sanity and my One Republican friend.

So, I think it's pretty obvious that I am not a Republican. 
For one, I am Canadian, but I am also leaning way too far to the left for people to even consider I might be conservative.


But I have a Republican comedian friend on my Facebook friend list, and even if his views (which are, surprisingly, not humourous at all) can be cruel and heartless and slanderous, I keep him on my homefeed and read his opinions daily.

Why?

Because I have to know what the other guys are thinking.

They have threatened to burn Muslims at the cross, sterilize gay rights activists, and... I shit you not... poison teenagers who claim to be Democrats.  It is unyielding hatred for "the other side" and I have a hard time reading it all, but I have to.  I have to know what they believe and how they came to be so angry and so defiant of others' will.

I will document some of it so that you can all read it here and perhaps we can discuss why it is that these people have come to be so bloody in their battles.

Today's debate was over this Funny or Die video...



Their comments, so far, are in these screen shots.  Also, it was only 9:30am.  We've barely even begun scratching the surface of comments to this...





And they are upset at the actors being juvenile?  I'll keep you posted...

No comments: