August 2, 2011

Apricot Lemonade.

 

I bought a ton of apricots at the Farmer's Market and decided to try something other than just eating them. This was so good, I had to share.

 

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup Agave Syrup, or 1/2 cup Sugar syrup mixture
  • 2 cups water
  • approximately 5 ice cubes
  • 1/2 cups lemon juice
  • 3-5 whole fresh Apricots
Directions
  • If using sugar mixture, boil sugar in 1/2 cup of water until dissolved.
  • Juice lemons.
  • Halve and pit apricots.
  • Add the syrup mixture, lemon juice, and apricot halves, then about 5 ice cubes to the blender.
  • Blend on high until a smooth consistency.
  • If you desire, add club soda and/or vodka.

4 comments:

mikelepage said...

hehehe...club soda and/or vodka. Well done.

I'm going to try this. Query: Is Agave syrup readily available? I've not seen/heard of this before (of course I wasn't really looking for it). Grocery store or health food store?

Bee said...

Agave should be at the Planet Organic in Halifax. At least it used to be...

mikelepage said...

I'll try another health food store. I stopped doing Planet Organic after you were let go. My form of protest.

Bee said...

You are such a sweetheart. And yes, any health food store should have it. Plus, it comes from the same plant that Tequila is derived from, so that makes it kind of badass. ;)