May 26, 2011

Rick Santorum disowns campaign slogan when told a gay liberal poet came up with it.

Because he is not a very good politician, Rick Santorum was tripped up when a student asked him if he knew that the choice of his campaign slogan, "Fighting to make America America again," was borrowed from the "pro-union poem by the black gay poet Langston Hughes":



Said Santorum: "No I had nothing to do with that. I didn't know that. And the folks who worked on that slogan for me didn't inform me that it came from that, if it in fact came from that."
When asked a short time later what the campaign slogan meant to him, Santorum said, "well, I'm not too sure that's my campaign slogan, I think it's on a web site."

Santorum hasn't selected a new slogan yet but I vote for "Rick Santorum: Never mind."

No comments: